Episode 2: Life unscripted 8/28/21

 My life runs unscripted.  Just as soon as I think I know what will happen, or in the moment I think I have a handle on it all, a supporting character will throw in a whammy and I will go right back to improv-ing my way through the scene.

Shortly after I started this blog, which I had all mapped out in my mind how I would walk my reader through divorce, the bitterness, the hate, and the healing my family and I went through to get to the point of coparenting and working together for the good of our family, somebody threw a surprise twist into our lives and I realized I know nothing about how to proceed through divorce.  It has been 17 months since the whammy, and this is what I know of divorce:

13 years into it, and it can still bring me to my knees.  

13 years into it, and my ex-husband still has the power to break my heart.

13 years into it, and I am still shocked by the pain it inflicts.

13 years into it, and I still cannot protect my children from its wrath.

Did I mention that divorce never stops hurting?

I realize now that it can take a break, give you a pleasant period of calm, but divorce will never leave you to your peace.  

I guess this is all I really know:  I will do anything to protect my children.  I will fight any battle and I will not back down.  I will give up all that I have, all that I have worked for and bled for and cried for to keep them safe and to make them know how loved and valued they are.  I will take upon me any burden to keep it from breaking them.  And I will stand in the path of the blame and the rage and the bitterness and the cruelty that other humans direct at them.  When I cannot stand between them and the hate, I will be here to hold them, support them, cry with them, find ways to heal them and remind them of their worth.  I will be their staunchest protector, their greatest supporter and their loudest cheerleader until my dying breath.  

But as far as divorce goes, I've got nothing. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Episode 1: All the things you don't want to do, but should